This is the latest clean *stock* Android build for HTC HD2.
This build includes Google Nexus One's OTA update (FRG83 - Android/Froyo 2.2.1). (released on Sep. 24, 2010)
Quadrent score is 1866.
The kernel is michyprima's r11 AXI version, and source code and introduction can be found in michyprima's post as follows:
- "Stock" build except blocking ads (hosts file is replaced)
- Use michyprima's R11 Kernel with AXI scaling (support for extended batteries)
- Create 512 MB data.img (You can specify the different data image size in startup.txt)
- Superuser privileges (su and busybox) included
- Some apps included (Delete any apk files in the AndroidApps folder before first boot if you don't like any of them.)
What is working:
- GPS (works great. I got a location within 15 seconds.)
- 5MP Camera with flash
- Camcorder with flash
- Bluetooth (BT Headset is fully supported in calls. Thanks to those users confirmed it.)
- LED status notification
- Keypad LED control
- WiFi Tethering/Hotspot
- USB Mass Storage (Only copying files from SD card to PC is working correctly.)
- Compass is inaccurate, this is known.
Tips: (Oct. 3rd updated)
- Disable "auto-rotate screen" in "Display settings" if encountering the touchscreen freeze.
- Install SetCPU to overclock and have better battery life. The max CPU clock rate default is set to 998MHz.
- Battery power consumption is about 1.5~2% per hour with the following SetCPU settings:
- Main Tab: 1152max/245min, "conservative" Scaling, and check "Set on Boot"
- Profiles Tab: check "Enable", and add "Screen Off" with 245max/245min powersave (Priority 50)
- Turn off live wallpaper for better performance and battery life.
- Install LauncherPro for a smoother home screen.
- I have included the following apps in the AndroidApps folder, they will be installed at first boot:
- Battery Indicator 3.0.1.apk
- ES File Explorer 1.4.6.apk
- Fancy Widget 1.3.0.apk (Time & Weather)
- Superuser 18.104.22.168.apk
- TasKiller 3.3.3 Free.apk
- TeslaLED Flashlight 2.0.3 Droi.apk
- About 3G/HSDPA:
- The stock Nexus One ROM only shows 3G icon in the status bar no matter if you are in HSDPA or not.
- You can check under "Settings > About phone > Status > Mobile network type". If it says HSDPA, you are on the 3.5G network ("H" Network).
- Please install MoreLocale 2 from Android Market to enable more languages if needed.
>>>> All apps will now function and install correctly. If you have an issue installing an app from the Android Market or another source, then go through the following steps:
- Extract the Android folder (with all files in in) to root of your SD Card. THIS IS IMPORTANT.
- If you already have an Android folder on your SD Card DELETE IT OR RENAME IT, because this version MAY BE INCOMPATIBILE with older releases !!!
- After copyng everything to your SD Card ensure you have at least 600 Mb free space for data store
- After you have done all steps go into Android folder and tap CLRCAD (for working sound), and after that just tap HaRET.
- On first run when there is "Creating a new datastore" just give it time to complete, and on first boot be patient and give it time to load everything.
- If you get some strange errors, or Android does not work, try to reformat SD card and try everything from the start.
>>>> - Go to Settings > SD & phone storage > Unmount SD card
>>>> - Now install your app, it will now install correctly and function fine
>>>> - Go to Settings > SD & phone storage > Mount SD card
My HD2 WinMo Info (on this version rom was tested)
ROM: Stock 1.48.709.2 CHT
NexusHD2-FRG83_V1.2_(Froyo 2.2.1).7z (82.86 MB) (RMNET)
- Cotulla - for making all this possible
- dan1j3l - for rootfs and liblights
- bangsters - for setting the size of data.img in startup.txt
- ElbartoME - for the Bluetooth fix
- gauner1986 - for the latest lights.htcleo.so (9/26)
- Geo411m - for the FRF91/FRG83 Stock, rooted, busybox ROM (9/24)
- huanyu - for undervolt and overclock
- mattc - for tweaks in rootfs
- michyprima - for the great kernel
- NetRipper - for the latest haret.exe (9/14)
- everyone on #htc-linux & #htc-linuc-chat, devs at xda-forums
If I missed anyone please let me know. Thanks to everyone who made this possible.