This is the latest clean *stock* Android build for HTC HD2.
This build includes Google Nexus One's OTA update (FRG83 - Android/Froyo 2.2.1). (release on Sep. 24, 2010)
Quadrent score is 1866.
Backup website: http://sites.google.com/site/nexushd2android/
The kernel is michyprima's r11 AXI version, and source code and introduction can be found in michyprima's post as follows:
- "Stock" build except blocking ads (hosts file is replaced) and adding "H" (HSDPA) icon and battery % icon
- Use michyprima's R11 Kernel with AXI scaling (support for "extended batteries")
- Create 512 MB data.img (You can specify the different data image size in startup.txt)
- Rooted: superuser privileges (su and busybox) included
- Some apps included (Delete any apk files in the AndroidApps folder before first boot if you don't like any of them.)
What is working:
- GPS (works great. I got a location within 15 seconds.)
- 5MP Camera with flash
- Camcorder with flash
- Bluetooth (BT headset is fully supported in calls, music streaming/A2DP, and files transfer.)
- LED status notification
- Keypad LED control
- WiFi Tethering/Hotspot
- USB Mass Storage (Only copying files from SD card to PC is working correctly.)
- Compass is inaccurate, this is known.
Tips: (Oct. 12th updated)
- Disable "auto-rotate screen" in "Display settings" if encountering the touchscreen freeze.
- Install SetCPU to overclock. The default is set to 245MHz ~ 998MHz.
- Battery power consumption is about 1.5~2% per hour with the following SetCPU settings:
- Main Tab: 1152max/245min, "conservative" Scaling, and check "Set on Boot"
- Profiles Tab: check "Enable", and add "Screen Off" with 245max/245min powersave (Priority 50)
- Turn off live wallpaper for better performance and battery life.
- Install LauncherPro for a smoother home screen.
- I have included the following apps in the AndroidApps folder, they will be installed at first boot:
- Battery Indicator 3.0.1.apk
- DSPManager 1.0.apk
- ES File Explorer 1.4.6.apk
- Fancy Widget 1.3.0.apk (Time & Weather)
- Superuser 22.214.171.124.apk
- TasKiller 3.3.3 Free.apk
- TeslaLED Flashlight 2.0.3 Droi.apk
- About 3G/HSDPA:
- The stock Nexus One ROM only shows 3G icon in the status bar no matter if you are in HSDPA or not.
- You can check under "Settings > About phone > Status > Mobile network type". If it says HSDPA, you are on the 3.5G network ("H" Network).
- With v1.3, I have included FRG83_stockbar_add-on_H_icon_and_battery%_icon.zip in the "Android/root" folder.
- Please install MoreLocale 2 from Android Market to enable more languages if needed.
- Please visit Nexus One Help website and try to find the answer when you encounter any software issues on NexusHD2-FRG83. Thanks.
>>>> All apps will now function and install correctly. If you have an issue installing an app from the Android Market or another source, then go through the following steps:
- Extract the Android folder (with all files in in) to root of your SD Card. THIS IS IMPORTANT.
- If you already have an Android folder on your SD Card DELETE IT OR RENAME IT, because this version MAY BE INCOMPATIBILE with older releases !!!
- After copyng everything to your SD Card ensure you have at least 600 Mb free space for data store
- After you have done all steps go into Android folder and tap CLRCAD (for working sound), and after that just tap HaRET.
- On first run when there is "Creating a new datastore" just give it time to complete, and on first boot be patient and give it time to load everything.
- If you get some strange errors, or Android does not work, try to reformat SD card and try everything from the start.
>>>> - Go to Settings > SD & phone storage > Unmount SD card
>>>> - Now install your app, it will now install correctly and function fine
>>>> - Go to Settings > SD & phone storage > Mount SD card
My HD2 WinMo Info (on this version rom was tested)
ROM: Stock 1.48.709.2 CHT
NexusHD2-FRG83_V1.3_(Froyo 2.2.1).7z (82.51 MB) (RMNET)
- Cotulla - for making all this possible
- dan1j3l - for rootfs and liblights
- bangsters - for setting the size of data.img in startup.txt
- ElbartoME - for the Bluetooth fix
- gauner1986 - for the latest lights.htcleo.so (9/26)
- Geo411m - for the FRF91/FRG83 Stock, rooted, busybox ROM and add-ons (9/24)
- huanyu - for undervolt and overclock
- mattc - for tweaks in rootfs
- michyprima - for the great kernel
- NetRipper - for the latest haret.exe (9/14)
- Bluetooth headsets testers
- Everyone on #htc-linux & #htc-linuc-chat, devs at xda-forums
If I missed anyone please let me know. Thanks to everyone who made this possible.
If you appreciate my work and want to buy me a drink, please consider making a donation.