NexusHD2-FRG83 V1.4 PPP + RMNET
This is the latest clean *stock* Android build for HTC HD2.
This build includes Google Nexus One's OTA update (FRG83 - Android/Froyo 2.2.1). (release on Sep. 24, 2010)
Quadrent score is 1866.
Backup website: http://sites.google.com/site/nexushd2android/
The default kernel is hastarin's r7.6, please visit his post below for more information:
- "Stock" build except blocking ads (hosts file is replaced) and adding "H" (HSDPA) icon and battery % icon
- The default is hastarin's Evo based kernel (support for PPP and "extended batteries"), but you can switch to N1 based kernel (support for RMNET) easily.
Switch to RMNET by executing "conn_RMNET_with_michyprima_R11_AXI.sh" or "conn_RMNET_with_huanyu_HAVS-BFQ-OC-UV-AXI_925mv-0.1.d-n1.sh" in the GScript folder and then reboot.
Switch to PPP by executing "conn_PPP_with_hastarin_r7.6.sh" in the GScript folder and then reboot.
- Create 512 MB data.img (You can specify the different data image size in startup.txt)
- Rooted: superuser privileges (su and busybox) included
- Some apps included (Delete any apk files in the AndroidApps folder before first boot if you don't like any of them.)
What is working:
- GPS (works great. I got a location within 15 seconds.)
- 5MP Camera with flash
- Camcorder with flash
- LED status notification
- Keypad LED control
- Compass fixed
- USB Mass Storage (Only copying files from SD card to PC is working properly.)
- Bluetooth (works with RMNET and michyprima's R11 kernel, you can use his kernel if needed.)
- WiFi Tethering/Hotspot (works with RMNET but for PPP you may need to run a script.)
- This is crucial. Disable "Automatic brightness" in "Display settings" when using hastarin's r7.6 kernel which cannot have a working auto backlight with Nexus One build.
- Solution (thanks to memin1857): Take your phone 1cm near a light bulb and disable "Automatic brightness" as the screen turns back on.
- Alternative solution via command (thanks to memin1857):
adb shell "echo 90 > /sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness"
- When upgrading from previous verison, you must execute the commands below and then restart your phone in order to fix the compass. (thanks to Rajko and hastarin)
mv /data/misc/AK8973Prms.txt /data/misc/AK8973Prms.bak
- Disable "auto-rotate screen" in "Display settings" if encountering the touchscreen freeze.
- Battery power consumption is about 5~7mA (1% per hour) without SetCPU
- Install SetCPU to overclock. The default is set to 245MHz ~ 998MHz Conservative.
- Turn off live wallpaper for better performance and battery life.
- Install LauncherPro for a smoother home screen.
- I have included the following apps in the AndroidApps folder, they will be installed at first boot:
- Battery Indicator 3.0.1.apk
- DSPManager 1.0.apk[
- ES File Explorer 1.4.6.apk
- Fancy Widget 1.3.0.apk (Time & Weather)
- Superuser 126.96.36.199.apk
- TasKiller 3.3.3 Free.apk
- TeslaLED 2.0.4 Gala.apk
- About 3G/HSDPA:
- The stock Nexus One ROM only shows 3G icon in the status bar no matter if you are in HSDPA or not.
- You can check under "Settings > About phone > Status > Mobile network type". If it says HSDPA, you are on the 3.5G network ("H" Network).
- With v1.3 and above, I have included FRG83_stockbar_add-on_H_icon_and_battery%_icon.zip in the "Android/root" folder.
- Please install MoreLocale 2 from Android Market to enable more languages if needed.
- Please visit Nexus One Help website and try to find the answer when you encounter any software issues on NexusHD2-FRG83. Thanks.
>>>> All apps will now function and install correctly. If you have an issue installing an app from the Android Market or another source, then go through the following steps:
- Extract the Android folder (with all files in in) to root of your SD Card. THIS IS IMPORTANT.
- If you already have an Android folder on your SD Card DELETE IT OR RENAME IT, because this version MAY BE INCOMPATIBILE with older releases !!!
- After copyng everything to your SD Card ensure you have at least 600 Mb free space for data store
- After you have done all steps go into Android folder and tap CLRCAD (for working sound), and after that just tap HaRET.
- On first run when there is "Creating a new datastore" just give it time to complete, and on first boot be patient and give it time to load everything.
- If you get some strange errors, or Android does not work, try to reformat SD card and try everything from the start.
>>>> - Go to Settings > SD & phone storage > Unmount SD card
>>>> - Now install your app, it will now install correctly and function fine
>>>> - Go to Settings > SD & phone storage > Mount SD card
My HD2 WinMo Info (on this version rom was tested)
ROM: Stock 1.48.709.2 CHT
DOWNLOADS:NexusHD2-FRG83_V1.4_(Froyo 2.2.1).7z (84.75 MB) (PPP + RMNET)Special thanks:
- Cotulla - for making all this possible
- dan1j3l - for rootfs and liblights
- hastarin - for the kernel
- huanyu - for the kernel
- michyprima - for the kernel
- bangsters - for setting the size of data.img in startup.txt
- darkstone - for the readme and his build for reference
- ElbartoME - for the Bluetooth fix
- gauner1986 - for the latest lights.htcleo.so (9/26)
- Geo411m - for the FRF91/FRG83 Stock, rooted, busybox ROM and add-ons (9/24)
- mattc - for tweaks in rootfs
- memin1857 - for tips that fix the auto backlight issue
- NetRipper - for the latest haret.exe (9/14)
- shu8i - for the readme
- Bluetooth headsets testers
- Everyone on #htc-linux & #htc-linux-chat, devs at xda-forums
If I missed anyone please let me know. Thanks to everyone who made this possible.
If you appreciate my work and want to buy me a drink, please consider making a donation.Thank you.Thanks for your generous donations:ricklophilipdeane