NexusHD2-FRG83D V1.7 PPP + RMNET
This is the latest, fastest, stable and clean *stock* Android build for HTC HD2.
This build includes Google Nexus One's OTA update (FRG83D - Android/Froyo 2.2.1). (released on Nov. 18, 2010)
Quadrent score is 1866.
Complete backup website (Find the older versions in the link below):
The default kernel is hastarin r8.2 with G-Sensor fix by (mdebeljuh and jdivic).
Please visit hastarin's post below for more information:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=787588Please visit the G-Sensor fix post below for more information:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803242Release Notes:
What is working:
- "Stock" build except blocking ads (hosts file is replaced) and adding "H" (HSDPA) icon and battery % icon
- By default it is hastarin's EVO based kernel (support for PPP), but you can switch to N1 based kernel (support for RMNET) easily.
Switch to RMNET by executing "conn_RMNET_with_michyprima_R11_AXI.sh" or "conn_RMNET_with_huanyu_HAVS-BFQ-OC-UV-AXI_925mv-0.1.d-n1.sh" in the GScript folder and then reboot.
Switch to PPP by executing "conn_PPP_with_hastarin_r8.2_G-Sensor_Fix.sh" in the GScript folder and then reboot.
Install "GScript Lite" from Android Market to execute these .sh files.
E.g.: You will see the texts below if executing "conn_RMNET_with_michyprima_R11_AXI.sh" successfully.
RMNET is ready.
michyprima_R11_AXI is ready.
- Create 512 MB data.img (You can specify the different data image size in startup.txt)
- Rooted: superuser privileges (su and busybox) included
- Some apps included (Delete any apk files in the AndroidApps folder before first boot if you don't like any of them.)
- GPS (works great. I got a location within 15 seconds.)
- 5MP Camera with flash, auto focus and zooming
- Camcorder with flash
- LED status notification
- Keypad LED control
- USB Mass Storage (Android cannot see the copied files before rebooting, but they're there.)
- WiFi Tethering/Hotspot (works with RMNET. For PPP, please install android-wifi-tether on Google Code)
- USB Tethering (Please install android-wired-tether on Google Code)
- Auto Backlight
- Battery power consumption is about 5~7mA (less than 1% per hour) without SetCPU installed.
- To my knowledge, the battery life is related to the WM ROM, radio version, and all the apps running in the background.
- By default the CPU is set to 245MHz ~ 998MHz with conservative.
- Turn off live wallpaper for better performance and battery life.
- Install LauncherPro for a smoother home screen.
- I have included the following apps in the AndroidApps folder, they will be installed at first boot:
- DSPManager 1.0.apk
- ES File Explorer 1.4.6.apk
- Fancy Widget 1.3.0.apk (Time & Weather)
- Superuser 184.108.40.206.apk
- TeslaLED 2.0.4 Gala.apk
- About 3G/HSDPA:
- The stock Nexus One ROM only shows 3G icon in the status bar no matter if you are in HSDPA or not.
- You can check under "Settings > About phone > Status > Mobile network type". If it says HSDPA, you are on the 3.5G network ("H" Network).
- With v1.3 and above, I have included FRG83_stockbar_add-on_H_icon_and_battery%_icon.zip in the "Android/root" folder.
- Please install MoreLocale 2 from Android Market to enable more languages if needed.
- Please visit Nexus One Help website and try to find the answer when you encounter any software issues on NexusHD2-FRG83(D). Thanks.
>>>> All apps will now function and install correctly. If you have an issue installing an app from the Android Market or another source, then go through the following steps:>>>> - Go to Settings > SD & phone storage > Unmount SD card>>>> - Now install your app, it will now install correctly and function fine>>>> - Go to Settings > SD & phone storage > Mount SD cardMy HD2 WinMo Info:ROM: Stock 1.66.709.3 (76641) CHTRadio: 2.12.50.02_2DOWNLOADS:NexusHD2-FRG83D_V1.7_(Froyo 2.2.1).7z (84.82 MB) (PPP + RMNET)MD5: be05b2266cc51f4e02b7fb10b9deebcfSHA1: fd1cab52d3f703ad93be8917c727757f171da741
- Extract the Android folder (with all files in in) to root of your SD Card. THIS IS IMPORTANT.
- If you already have an Android folder on your SD Card DELETE IT OR RENAME IT, because this version MAY BE INCOMPATIBILE with older releases !!!
- After copyng everything to your SD Card ensure you have at least 600 Mb free space for data store
- After you have done all steps go into Android folder and tap CLRCAD (for working sound), and after that just tap HaRET.
- On first run when there is "Creating a new datastore" just give it time to complete, and on first boot be patient and give it time to load everything.
- If you get some strange errors, or Android does not work, try to reformat SD card and try everything from the start.
- HD2 needs radio 2.08 or above to run Android. If you never upgrade your radio, you may not be able to run Android on HD2.
- Please use the latest 7-Zip 9.20 or WinRAR for uncompressing.
- If upgrading from the previous versions, please copy the original "data.img" to your new extracted Android folder.
- Cotulla - for making all this possible
- dan1j3l - for rootfs and liblights
- hastarin - for the kernel
- huanyu - for the kernel
- michyprima - for the kernel
- mdebeljuh - for the G-Sensor fix
- jdivic - for the G-Sensor fix
- bangsters - for setting the size of data.img in startup.txt
- Cass67 - for the Bluetooth fix with EVO based kernel
- darkstone - for the readme and his build for reference
- ElbartoME - for the Bluetooth fix
- gauner1986 - for the lights.htcleo.so
- Geo411m - for the FRG83D Stock, Deodexed, rooted, busybox ROM and add-ons (11/24)
- letama - for the libhtc_ril_wrapper.so
- mattc - for the tweaks in rootfs
- memin1857 - for the tips that fix the auto backlight issue
- NetRipper - for the latest haret.exe (9/14)
- shu8i - for the readme
- Bluetooth headsets testers
- Everyone on #htc-linux & #htc-linux-chat, devs at xda-forums
If I missed anyone please let me know. Thanks to everyone who made this possible.If you appreciate my work and want to buy me a drink, please consider making a donation.Thank you.Thanks for your generous donations:ricklophilipdeaneghis1wildwong
robrob777and anonymous users...