NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.3 NAND [27.FEB][DFT/CWM] NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.3 [Android2.3.2][Kernel: tytung_r6]
This's a clean ROM compiled from AOSP Gingerbread for Nexus One (GRH78C / Android 2.3.2) by tytung and released on Feb. 27, 2011.
Kernel: tytung_r6 (Support Wi-Fi IEEE 802.1x/EAP, UTF-8, CIFS, Yaffs, Ext2/3/4, NILFS) based on hastarin r8.6.
- Use the android-2.3.2_r1 source code. (Having a tag name means it is well-tested and stable.)
Credits: Cotulla, TYTung, Hastarin, Markinus, Letama, Rajko, Gauner1986, Diem, Dan1j3l, RaiderX303, Pongster, Gpc, etc.
This is compiled from AOSP Gingerbread for Passion (i.e. Nexus One)
and do some modifications as follows.
- block ads (replaced hosts),
- add utility and root permission (added busybox, su and Superuser.apk)
- add 720p video playback (replaced libOmxVdec.so)
- fix camera (replaced libOmxVidEnc.so and modified source code)
- fix camcorder (replaced with new cam libs and some .so files)
- add HSDPA icon (modified SystemUI.apk from source code)
- add Battery % icon (modified framework-res.apk)
- add Headset icon (modified framework-res.apk from source code)
- add Reboot menu (modified framework-res.apk, framework.jar and android.policy.jar from source code)
- add "Download any file type" support from Browser (modified DownloadProvider.apk from source code)
- fix USB Mass Storage and USB Tethering (modified vold and services.jar from source code)
- fix LED Notification (modified services.jar from source code)
- add "X" boot animation and ringtones from Nexus One Gingerbread
- add Nexus S Live Wallpapers
- add the latest Google Apps (Maps, Gmail, Market, etc.)
- add other necessary modifications to make it working on HD2
- remove Japanese and Chinese IMEs (removed OpenWnn.apk and PinyinIME.apk)
- CWM (ClockworkMod) Recovery for HD2 is integrated. (The CWM and its NAND partition layout are ready when installing this ROM via DAF.exe.)
It's time to learn the native Android update.zip installation and Nandroid backup and restore in order to backup and/or update your system easily and safely.
Everything is working.
- 3G/HSDPA (RMNET, fast and stable)
- Wi-Fi (Support IEEE 802.1x/EAP authentication.)
- GPS (No 60mA battery drain issue.) (Courtesy of Diem) (If you still have the battery drain issue, please try this workaround from PoisonWolf.)
- Network Location
- 720p Video Playback (H.264 up to 720p with hardware decoding)
- Camera (5MP)
- Camcorder (800x480, H.263 and 30fps with hardware encoding) (Courtesy of Gpc)
- LED Notification (Courtesy of Gpc)
- USB Mass Storage
- USB Tethering (Use build-in "USB tethering" feature.)
- WiFi Tethering (Use build-in "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot" feature.)
This build is as good as NexusHD2-Froyo now, but it still has some issues as follows.
- Disable Audible touch tones in Sound settings to avoid the Robot voice and/or frozen Phone app when dialing.
- Bluetooth: it still has 60mA battery drain issue on standby. (caused by kernel)
- MAGLDR 1.13 issue: automatically boot into Android while charging. (Detail)
There're two methods to install this ROM.
You only need to choose one of them to finish the installation.
You should have at least MAGLDR 1.13 on device.
- DFT (DarkForceTeam) Android Flasher Version via USB cable (Run DAF.exe)
- For installation you need to enter MAGLDR 1.13 (hold "Power" button during boot) and select "Flasher" via "VolUp" and "VolDown". Confirm key is green "Call" button.
- Run DAF.exe as Administrator permission on PC to finish the Android installation.
- You will have a clean installation when using this method.
- This will be the last time I provide a DFT version.
- CWM (ClockworkMod) Recovery Version via SD card (Flash update.zip)
- Installing the NexusHD2-NAND-Partitioner_and_CWM-1.3 (130MB system and 3MB cache) to make a space-efficient NAND partition layout designed specifically for NexusHD2 series is highly recommended if coming from another ROM. (optional)
- For installation you need to enter MAGLDR 1.13 (hold "Power" button during boot) and select "AD Recovery" or "Boot AD SD" (if ever copied CWM's initrd.gz and zImage to SD) to enter CWM Recovery.
- CWM: backup and restore => Backup you current ROM first. (optional but recommended)
- CWM: wipe data/factory reset if coming from another ROM or wanting to have a clean installation. (optional but recommended)
- CWM: install zip from sdcard: locate NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.3_NAND_(Android-2.3.2)_update.zip to finish the Android installation.
Feb. 27 - Quick installation guide for CWM:
Then your HD2 is up to date.
- Install NexusHD2-NAND-Partitioner_and_CWM-1.3 (3.8 MB)
- Flash NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.3_NAND_(Android-2.3.2)_update.zip (82.98 MB)
- Flash some add-ons if needed.
- Flash dtapps2sd-188.8.131.52-signed.zip for Apps2SD+ (optional, when you install too many apps and the internal memory is not enough) (2.59 MB)
Mar. 1: In v2.3, busybox is updated and is not compatible with dtapps2sd-184.108.40.206-signed.zip, so you need to downgrade it if installing the A2SD+.
How to fix A2SD+ with NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.3_NAND_(Android-2.3.2)_update.zip (Thanks to Macelangelo77 for the tutorial.)
You should flash stock official Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM.
Click here to Download
- DFT (DarkForces Team) Android Flasher via USB cable (Run DAF.exe)
- NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.3_NAND_(Android-2.3.2).7z (77.93 MB) (RMNET)
- CWM (ClockworkMod) Recovery via SD card (Flash update.zip)
- NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.3_NAND_(Android-2.3.2)_update.zip (82.98 MB) (RMNET)
Please consider making a donation to Cotulla for his great MAGLDR.
And if you appreciate my work and want to buy me a drink, please consider making a donation too.
This section is reserved for everyone.
If you can provide any new features via a flashable update.zip for CWM Recovery, I will place your name here.
The description is a must when you provide a file.