NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.7 NAND
[3.May] [cLK/MAGLDR] NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.7 [GRJ22 / Android2.3.4] [Kernel: tytung_r10]
This is a fast, stable, and clean ROM compiled from the source code of AOSP Gingerbread for Nexus One (GRJ22 / Android 2.3.4), optimized for HTC HD2, and released on May 3, 2011 by tytung.
Use the latest android-2.3.4_r1 source code. (Having a tag name means it is well-tested and stable.)
Kernel: tytung_r10 (Support Wi-Fi Calling, Wi-Fi IEEE 802.1x/EAP, native Wi-Fi Tethering, unique Wi-Fi/Bluetooth MAC address, low power mode Bluetooth, UTF-8, CIFS, Yaffs, Ext2/3/4, NILFS, ReiserFS, BTRFS, and the official HTC extended battery.)
This is compiled from AOSP Gingerbread for Passion (i.e. Nexus One)
and has some modifications as follows.
- block ads (replaced hosts),
- add utility and root permission (added busybox, su and Superuser.apk)
- add 720p video playback (replaced libOmxVdec.so)
- fix camera (replaced libOmxVidEnc.so and modified source code)
- fix camcorder (replaced with new cam libs and some .so files)
- add HSDPA icon (modified SystemUI.apk from source code)
- add Battery % icon (modified framework-res.apk)
- add Headset icon (modified framework-res.apk from source code)
- add Reboot menu (modified framework-res.apk, framework.jar and android.policy.jar from source code)
- add "Download any file type" support for Browser (modified DownloadProvider.apk from source code)
- fix USB Mass Storage and USB Tethering (modified vold and services.jar from source code)
- fix LED Notification (modified services.jar from source code)
- add "X" boot animation and ringtones from Nexus One Gingerbread
- add Nexus S Live Wallpaper
- add the latest Google Apps (Maps, Gmail, Market, etc.)
- add other necessary modifications to make it working on HD2
- remove Japanese and Chinese IMEs (removed OpenWnn.apk and PinyinIME.apk)
- Use CWM (ClockworkMod) Recovery, providing the native Android update.zip installation and Nandroid backup and restore, to backup and/or update your system easily and safely.
- It's about 3~5mA battery consumption on standby when turning on WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, and Auto Sync settings.
Everything is working. (FM Radio won't be added into this ROM so far since it is not a default AOSP feature.)
- 3G/HSDPA (RMNET is fast and stable for MAGLDR. Or PPP for cLK.)
- Wi-Fi (Support IEEE 802.1x/EAP authentication and Ad-Hoc Wi-Fi.)
- Bluetooth (Support low power mode.) (Big thanks to Trilu and Charansingh)
- GPS (Courtesy of Diem) (Install GPS Status to improve getting a gps location faster.)
- Network Location
- 720p Video Playback (H.264 up to 720p with hardware decoding)
- Camera (5MP)
- Camcorder (800x480, H.263 and 30fps with hardware encoding) (Courtesy of Gpc)
- LED Notification (Courtesy of Gpc)
- USB Mass Storage
- USB Tethering (Use build-in "USB tethering" feature directly or install Wired Tether 1.4.apk.)
- WiFi Tethering (Use build-in "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot" feature directly or install Wireless Tether 2.0.7.apk.)
This ROM is better than NexusHD2-Froyo now.
You should have either MAGLDR 1.13 or cLK 1.4 bootloader on device.
- CWM (ClockworkMod) Recovery Version via SD card (Flash update.zip)
- Installing CWM_Recovery_for_NexusHD2 (135MB system and 2MB cache) to create a space-efficient NAND partition layout designed specifically for NexusHD2 series is highly recommended if coming from another ROM.
- For Android installation you need to enter CWM Recovery.
- CWM: backup and restore => Backup you current ROM first. (optional but recommended)
- CWM: wipe data/factory reset if coming from another ROM or wanting to have a clean installation. (optional but recommended)
- CWM: install zip from sdcard: locate NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.7_NAND_(Android-2.3.4)_update.zip to finish the Android installation.
Installation Guide for MAGLDR 1.13:
- Flash MAGLDR
- Download MAGLDR 1.13 (606 KB)
- Enter SPL by holding VOL DOWN key while booting the phone. (Make sure you have HSPL.)
- Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe to flash MAGLDR 1.13 (magldr.nbh).
- Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
- Download MAGLDR_CWM_Recovery_v184.108.40.206_for_NexusHD2_135M.zip (5.1 MB)
- Enter MAGLDR 1.13 by holding power key while booting the phone, and then select "USB Flasher" via "VolUp" and "VolDown". Confirm key is green "Call" button.
- Run DAF.exe to flash ClockworkMod Recovery 220.127.116.11 (MAGLDR_recovery_18.104.22.168.img).
- Flash Android ROM
Installation Guide for cLK 1.4:
- Flash cLK
- Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
- Download cLK_CWM_Recovery_v22.214.171.124.zip (5.2 MB)
- Enter fastboot mode by holding back key (left arrow) while booting the phone.
- Run fastboot_install_recovery.bat to flash ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199 (cLK_recovery_188.8.131.52.img).
- Flash Android ROM
- Flash some add-ons below if needed.
- Flash dtapps2sd-184.108.40.206-signed.zip for Apps2SD+ (Optional. Install it only when you install too many apps and the internal memory (i.e. data partition) is out of space.) (2.59 MB)
You should flash stock official Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM.
Cotulla, TYTung, Hastarin, Markinus, Letama, Rajko, Gauner, Diem, Dan1j3l, RaiderX303, Pongster, Gpc, Cedesmith, Arne, Trilu, Charansingh, Seadersn, Arif-ali, etc.
Please consider making a donation to Cotulla for his great MAGLDR.
Please consider making a donation to Cedesmith for his great cLK.
And if you appreciate my work and want to buy me a drink, please consider making a donation too.
This section is reserved for everyone.
If you can provide any new features via a flashable update.zip for CWM Recovery, I will place your name here.
The description is a must when you provide a file.
I don't test each add-on myself, please backup your current system before installing any of them.