NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 v1.1 [15.Jan.2012] NexusHD2-ICS-4.0.3-CM9 V1.1
NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 is my first CM9 Mod ROM built from the source code of the samuaz's git repository. (Big thanks to samuaz.)
You can find the SD version in the SD thread.
- Include Android 4.0.3 CM9. (All current CM9 works, Enhanced Power Menu, Power Notification Widget, Trebuchet Launcher, T9 Dialer, etc.)
- Include tytung's 220.127.116.11 ICS kernel r1.
- Include tytung's ICS ramdisk (initrd.gz).
- Include the required proprietary binary files and the HD2-specific files from my AOSP GB ROM (i.e. NexusHD2-Gingerbread).
- Credits: tytung, samuaz, texasice, firesnatch, ankuch, rapmv78, romanbb, the CM and Evervolv teams, etc.
- All Android 4.0.3 features
- CM9 WIP - available features are as follows:
- Enhanced Power Menu w/ Reboot and Screenshot options, etc.
- Power Notification Widget
- Trebuchet Launcher
- T9 Dialer
- Keep app back button in Developer options
- Root, busybox, zipalign, init.d scripts, etc.
- AdFree hosts file
- HSDPA icon
- Facebook contact sync
- Unicode support for SMS/MMS
- Please use at least 200MB system partition and at least 2MB cache partition.
- Please refer to ksubedi's HD2 NAND Toolkit and/or mskip's guide.
- Cache partition (/dev/block/mtdblock4) is only used by CWM.
- Cache partition size is not important because the data partition (/dev/block/mtdblock5) is used as the cache space when running Android.
- If your HD2 has bad NAND blocks, you may need larger partitions.
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset while doing a fresh install.
- Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache while upgrading and wanting to retain data.
- Flash this ROM.
- MAGLDR: Flash NexusHD2-ICS-CM9_V1.1.zip, then reboot.
- cLK : Flash NexusHD2-ICS-CM9_V1.1.zip and the cLK kernel, then reboot.
- Enable/Disable the virtual soft keys (i.e. the on-screen virtual button):
- (Optional) Increase the internal storage size by flashing any types of A2SD scripts below:
(Flash any of them only when you install too many apps and the internal memory (i.e. data partition) is out of space.)
(Caution: Don't use any of them if you are not an advanced user. Otherwise you may have low volume, screen lag and other strange issues.)
- About the mobile data connection types: RMNET V.S. PPP.
- Bootloader MAGLDR supports both RMNET and PPP. I set RMNET as default for MAGLDR ROM because stock Android only supports RMNET.
- Bootloader cLK only supports PPP.
- RMNET is more stable than PPP. (Some PPP users have data drop issues.) However PPP may be faster for some users.
- Flash RMNET_to_PPP_update.zip if you prefer PPP on MAGLDR.
- Flash Mms app blurry pic fix if required.
- Data: 3G/HSDPA
- All sensors
- Wired earphone/headphone
- Data usage
- Hardware Acceleration (Hacked)
- Software video codecs
- WiFi signal strength icon
- USB Mass Storage
- Camera (Please visit rapmv78's thread for more info.)
- WiFi Tethering (Native "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot" feature works well. You can also install wireless_tether_2_0_7.apk for more features.)
- Flashlight (Install TeslaLED Flashlight.)
- FM Radio (Install Spirit FM and check settings -> audio -> qsd8250.)
- Gallery sometimes stops response due to the incomplete Hardware Acceleration. (Install QuickPic instead.)
If you find any bug, please consider uploading a logcat to the website: http://logcat.miui.us/
The logcat will be color highlighted, so that it's more readable.
It's also more convenient to see a logcat directly in the browser instead of downloading it, decompressing it, reading it, and finally deleting it.