NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA V2.7 [1.Sep.2012] NexusHD2-ICS-4.0.4-CM9-HWA V2.7 (Kernel: tytung_HWA_r3.4)
NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA V2.2+ is mainly built from the official CM9 source code.
You can find the SD version in the SD thread.Screenshots for v2.0:
- Include Android 4.0.4 CM9.1.0.
- Include htcleo-2.6.32-ics kernel: tytung_HWA_r3.4.
- Include tytung's ICS HWA ramdisk (initrd.gz).
- Include the required proprietary binary files and the HD2-specific files from my AOSP GB ROM (i.e. NexusHD2-Gingerbread).
- Credits: tytung, Securecrt, Rick_1995, Xylograph, rapmv78, texasice, firesnatch, ankuch, romanbb, marco.palumbi, samuaz, dk_zero-cool, marc1706, the CM and the Evervolv teams, etc.
- All Android 4.0.4 features (Multi-Languages)
- All CM9 features:
- Enhanced Power Menu w/ Reboot and Screenshot options, etc.
- Power Notification Widget
- Trebuchet Launcher
- T9 Dialer
- Keep app back button in Developer options
- And more
- Root, su, busybox, zipalign, init.d scripts, etc.
- AdFree hosts file
- HSDPA icon
- Facebook contact sync
- Unicode support for SMS/MMS
- Ad-Hoc Wi-Fi
- ROM: NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA_V2.7.zip (MD5sum: F25A29895D234D6482A5D3B160E20F1A) (Please don't mirror files. Thanks.)
- This ROM works for MAGLDR and cLK at the same time.
- NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA ROM discussion begins from this post.
- Please read the NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 FAQ Wiki before asking any questions. (Thanks Geenyous, Szczepanik, TheManii, etc. for editing these Q&A to avoid the repeated questions.)
- Please install Link2SD or visit the NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 A2SD Discussion Thread for how to increase the internal storage size, and post all the a2sd questions in that thread. Thanks.
- Please use at least 170MB system partition and at least 2MB cache partition.
- Please refer to ksubedi's HD2 NAND Toolkit and/or mskip's guide.
- Cache partition (/dev/block/mtdblock4) is only mounted and used by CWM.
- Cache partition size is not important because the data partition (/dev/block/mtdblock5) is used as the cache space when running Android.
- If your HD2 has bad NAND blocks, you may need larger partitions.
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset while doing a fresh install. (Optional: also delete /sdcard/Android folder or format your SD card if you have any strange issue.)
- Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache while upgrading from an old version and wanting to retain data.
- Flash this ROM.
- Enable/Disable the virtual soft keys (i.e. the on-screen virtual button, height = 28.0dip and width = 32.0dip for V2.2+ ROMs or width = 0.0dip for V2.7 ROM) :
- The SIM card related WiFi issue:
- About the mobile data connection types: RMNET V.S. PPP.
- Bootloader MAGLDR supports both RMNET and PPP. I set RMNET as default for MAGLDR ROM because stock Android only supports RMNET.
- Bootloader cLK only supports PPP.
- RMNET is more stable than PPP. (Some PPP users have data drop issues.) However PPP may be faster for some users.
- Flash RMNET_to_PPP_update.zip if you prefer PPP on MAGLDR.
- Full HWA (Hardware Acceleration)
- Data: 3G/HSDPA
- Wi-Fi (Support IEEE 802.1x/EAP authentication and Ad-Hoc Wi-Fi.)
- All sensors
- Wired earphone/headphone
- Data usage and data limit
- Software video codecs
- WiFi signal strength icon
- USB Mass Storage
- Barcode Scanner
- Flash Player
- WiFi Tethering (Native "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot" feature works well. You can also install wireless_tether_2_0_7.apk for more features.)
- USB Tethering (Native "USB tethering" feature works. You can also install wired_tether_1_4.apk for more features.)
- Flashlight (Use built-in Torch or install TeslaLED Flashlight -> my favorite.)
- FM Radio (Install Spirit FM, check settings -> audio -> qsd8250, and turn on BT before using Spirit FM.)